1697 Rammstein - Dalai Lama

From: Reise, Reise; Year: 2004; Genre: Neue Deutsche Härte/Industrial Metal
I felt like picking a Rammstein track today, but it seems that I've pick so many already that I'm literally running out of their songs to pick. A song would come to mind and I'd think, "Oh yeah, that's a good one!" Then I would see that I already picked it; I repeated this process a few times before I decided to go with this one. It's not my fault that I really like Rammstein. After all, they have only released six albums, they just need to release more!
Anyway, this is a rather interesting track; after hearing it for the first time suspected that it was a modern interpretation of the von Goethe poem Der Erlkönig (The Erlking); not too much later and I learned that my suspicions were correct. For those unaware Der Erlkönig has actually been set to music before, most notably by Franz Schubert.
The song is driven by a well-defined metal groove, which works very well with Till's lower-registered operatic delivery of the tale.

Hear Dalai Lama on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Savatage - Day After Day

My song pick two years ago today: ? and the Mysterians - 96 Tears

My song pick three years ago today: Pink Floyd - Goodbye Blue Sky

My song pick four years ago today: The Bee Gees - New York Mining Disaster 1941

+

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. city's comment above said: "nice idea.. thanks for sharing" minus the irrelevant links.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)