1723 Antonio Vivaldi - The Four Seasons

File:Antonio Vivaldi.jpg
Op. 8; Year: 1723; Genre: Baroque Period/classical
I had another song in mind for my pick today, but out of curiosity I googled what happened musically in the year 1723, (today's song pick number), and discovered that 1723 was the year that Antonio Vivaldi wrote The Four Seasons.
Believe me when I say you've probably heard at least parts of these four violin concertos at some point; they are by far Vivaldi's most famous works. These pieces of music are simply a work of beauty and exemplify my most favourite period in classical music.

Hear the full Four Seasons on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Four Tops - Reach Out (I'll Be There)

My song pick two years ago today: The Hep Stars - Cadillac

My song pick three years ago today: Hallo Venray - Orange

My song pick four years ago today: Flatt & Scruggs - Foggy Mountain Breakdown

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade