1722 Sylvia - The Matador

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/91/Sylvia_Drifter.jpg
From: Drifter; Year: 1981; Genre: Country/Pop Rock
I've had this song on my mind off and on for the last couple of days. If memory serves me right, this album was one of many country/rock crossovers that were prevalent back in the late '70s to the early '80s. I remember hearing Sylvia's debut album Drifter and this song in particular a lot when it first came out and many times over the years since; it was one of the singles.
Actually a while ago when I was starting to learn to play the steel guitar this was one of the first songs I attempted to learn. However, due to the fact that my guitar is a Hawaiian lap steel, it made playing the country pedal steel part all that more difficult, but it's still a lot of fun.

Hear The Matador on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rush - By-Tor & the Snow Dog

My song pick two years ago today: Uriah Heep - Stealin'

My song pick three years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way

My song pick four years ago today: Ludwig van Beethoven - WoO59 - Fur Elise

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)