1439 Rin' - Fuhen

1439 Rin' - Fuhen
From: Jikū, Year: 2004
Genre: Traditional Japanese/J-Pop

I had the melody of this extremely beautiful song running through my mind this morning and I knew I had to make it my pick for today.
I first heard this song playing on the ending credits of the Animé Samurai 7, which was an adaptation of the Akira Kurosawa masterpiece film The Seven Samuari. I immediately fell in love with this song upon hearing it for the first time; it is kind of a fusion of Traditional Japanese and modern Pop/Rock music. The three members of the band played traditional Japanese instruments and in this song in particular both the Koto and Biwa are very prominent; I've always loved the sound of the Koto.

Hear Fuhen on YouTube.
Watch a live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Cream - Badge

My song pick two years ago today: Steeleye Span - Seven Hundred Elves

My song pick three years ago today: Billy Joel - Prelude/Angry Young Man

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn