3540. Jethro Tull - Farm on the Freeway

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51WfptAoGrL._SS500.jpg
From: Crest of a Knave; Year: 1987; Genre: Progressive Rock
Farm on the Freeway is one of the handful of tracks that sound very similar to Dire Straits; a lot of it was the focus on Martin Barre's clean guitar playing and Ian Anderson having to sing in a lower register. However, the musicality, dynamics, and subject matter are also pretty close as well. All in all this is a very good song and would stand out more if it wasn't surrounded by so many great tracks on one of their better records.

Hear Farm on the Freeway on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Quasar - The Loreli

My song pick two years ago today: Def Leppard - Rock On

My song pick three years ago today: The Cosmic Sound Orchestra - Fly Some Funk Up to the Moon

My song pick four years ago today: Laura Branigan - Self Control

My song pick five years ago today: Yes - Starship Trooper

My song pick six years ago today: Buffalo Springfield - Mr. Soul

My song pick seven years ago today: Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode

My song pick eight years ago today: J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss

My song pick nine years ago today: Queensrÿche - Anybody Listening?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn