3514. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61ImINZg-RL.jpg
From: Second Helping; Year: 1974; Genre: Southern Rock
Over the last few days I've been listening to actual radio in the car; mostly out of laziness of not wanted to mess with the Bluetooth audio. It's amazing in about the last decade or so of not listening to it to hear it now; half of the songs are chopped up and censored. It's maddening to say the least; I can understand it in some cases, but this is taking political correctness to absurdity and making it not worth listening to. Besides that fact that none of the disc jockeys are live anymore and are lucky to hear one living in the city the station broadcasts from. I understand that they're a private business and thus have every right to conduct business as they see fit, but also I have a right to turn them off. I think I'll go back to my non-broadcast music. Okay, off my soapbox now.
Anyway, this was one of the songs that got some censorship done to it; and while it's not my favourite from the band I still turn it up every time it comes on.

Hear Sweet Home Alabama on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Alice in Chains - Sea of Sorrow

My song pick two years ago today: Big Brother and the Holding Company (Janis Joplin) - Summertime

My song pick three years ago today: Genesis - Seven Stones

My song pick four years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Call of the Wild

My song pick five years ago today: Wilson Pickett - Funk Factory

My song pick six years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Life Still Goes On (I'm Lonely)

My song pick seven years ago today: Nirvana - In Bloom

My song pick eight years ago today: Static X - I'm With Stupid

My song pick nine years ago today: Ian Anderson - Eurology


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn