4177. Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show - Sylvia's Mother

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71n4j0yzxVL._SX522_.jpg
From: Doctor Hook; Year: 1972; Genre: Rock/Country Rock
This is another track that brings back a lot of memories for me; it's always been among my favourites from the band.
You gotta love the raw emotion and energy in this rather sorrowful song; from what I can understand the song is based on a real happening to one of the band members trying to get in touch with an old girlfriend. 

Hear Sylvia's Mother on YouTube.



My song pick 1 year ago today: John Denver - Goodbye Again

My song pick 2 years ago today: John McCutcheon - Christmas in the Trenches

My song pick 3 years ago today: Cybotron - Implosion

My song pick 4 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Godzilla

My song pick 5 years ago today: Tangerine Dream - White Eagle

My song pick 6 years ago today: Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel

My song pick 7 years ago today: Rare Earth - I Just Want to Celebrate

My song pick 8 years ago today: Top Gear Band - Red Light Spells Danger

My song pick 9 years ago today: Azteca - Love is a Stranger

My song pick 10 years ago today: Danzig - Mother

My song pick 11 years ago today: Savatage - Gutter Ballet


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In