5597. Diesel - Leader Of The Pac-Man

From: Unleaded; Year: 1982; Genre; Rock/Pop
It has been a woefully long time, (about 14 years), since I last chose a song from this rock band from the Netherlands that is known for their hit single Sausalito Summernight here on this side of the Atlantic Ocean. I can clearly remember that song being played quite a lot back in the early 1980s, but kind of faded since. From what I can tell, Diesel released a second record, which did not fair as well and they went through subsequent breakups and reformations over the years, one of which brought about a third album in 2001 as well as another single released in 2017. Apparently they are at this time still together and doing shows, however have not repeated the success from their debut record.
Anyway, this track comes off that second studio release and is definitely different from wot I knew of the band prior. To tell the truth, this song caught my attention by its novel title being a reference to the classic video game that was all the rage at the time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Béla Fleck & The Flecktones - Weed Whacker

My song pick 5 years ago today: Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band- The Fire Down Below

My song pick 6 years ago today: Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

My song pick 7 years ago today: Judas Priest - You Got Another Thing Commin'

My song pick 8 years ago today: Van Halen - Right Now

My song pick 9 years ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Tell Me What It Is

My song pick 10 years ago today: Rush - Mr. Soul

My song pick 11 years ago today: Megadeth - How the Story Ends

My song pick 12 years ago today: Sethian - Epitaph

My song pick 13 years ago today: Marcus Miller - Frankenstein

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jackyl - The Lumberjack

My song pick 15 years ago today: Blackmore's Night - Rainbow Blues
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In