5630. Irene Cara - Flashdance... What a Feeling

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41j3hqmDL7L.jpg
From: Flashdance; Year: 1983; Genre: Pop/Synthpop/Rock
Yesterday I learned of Irene Cara's passing at the young age of 63; way too young for someone to go.
I vacillated over which song of hers to pick and ultimately chose to go with this one, which is one of my top favourites she performed. I can clearly remember hearing this one a lot since its release, even to this day, but it wasn't until later that I really came to appreciate both the film and its music within. I found the movie to be among the best uplifting stories I had ever seen in cinema; someone overcoming adversity to realize his/her dreams. I have to say, this song really shows that off, but in a package in under 4 minutes. The music with the use of different minor modes in the verses and the over-the-top launch into majors in the choruses is just as, if not more important to the story telling within the lyrics.
Just an amazing piece all around and a class act; RIP Irene Cara.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Dick Dale - Speardance

My song pick 5 years ago today: Savatage - Dead Winter Dead

My song pick 6 years ago today: Dee Clark - Raindrops

My song pick 7 years ago today: Sly and the Family Stone - Thankful N' Thoughtful

My song pick 8 years ago today: Ugly Kid Joe - Another Beer

My song pick 9 years ago today: Hawkwind - Neon Skyline/Lost Chronicles

My song pick 10 years ago today: Louis Armstrong - When the Saints Go Marching In

My song pick 11 years ago today: John Denver - Farewell Andromeda (Welcome To My Morning)

My song pick 12 years ago today: Del Shannon - Runaway

My song pick 13 years ago today: Steely Dan - Black Friday

My song pick 14 years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - I Just Want You

My song pick 15 years ago today: Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In