5617. Sly and the Family Stone - Everybody is a Star

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51iWSNC4T7S._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Greatest Hits; Year: 1970; Genre: Psychedelic Soul
It's been a mondo-busy last few days and I've really had my free time quite at a premium, but the music is and has been one of the main things getting me through. One of the main ones helping the most is Larry Graham, especially his work with Sly and the Family Stone. This is one of the three "new" songs from an abandoned project to be released on the Greatest Hits album and all three became massive hits in their own right. 
Anyway, I really like the overall soulful mellowness along with the shared lead vocals and of course the main positive and hopeful message throughout.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Jimi Hendrix Experience - Burning of the Midnight Lamp

My song pick 5 years ago today: ABBA - Dance (While the Music Still Goes On)

My song pick 6 years ago today: Santo & Johnny - Moonlight Serenade

My song pick 7 years ago today: Ian Anderson - Old Black Cat

My song pick 8 years ago today: Parliament - Dr. Funkenstein

My song pick 9 years ago today: Pat Benatar - Rated X

My song pick 10 years ago today: Cab Calloway - Learnin' the Blues

My song pick 11 years ago today: Steve Vai - Bad Horsie

My song pick 12 years ago today: Fats Domino - Ain't That a Shame

My song pick 13 years ago today: ABBA - I Let the Music Speak

My song pick 14 years ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - The Big Empty

My song pick 15 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Mr. Blue Sky
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In