5627. Ray Davies - Thanksgiving Day

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61MjXQBiuyL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Other People's Lives; Year: 2006; Genre: Rock
Happy Thanksgiving again! 
I decided that this song which is perfectly titled as well as subject matter for this holiday needed to be chosen. As always, songsmith extraordinaire Ray Davies summons up all of the sentimental imagery he is known for to "paint" a picturesque mural about wot people who have celebrated it have most likely experienced throughout their lives.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Band of Horses - Dull Times/The Moon

My song pick 5 years ago today: Los Bravos - Black is Black

My song pick 6 years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Thank You

My song pick 7 years ago today: Helmet - Unsung

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Who - Doctor Jekyll & Mr. Hyde

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - All Along the Watchtower

My song pick 10 years ago today: Billie Holiday - Summertime

My song pick 11 years ago today: David Bowie - Young Americans

My song pick 12 years ago today: Eric Robertson - "Spooked" on Classics

My song pick 13 years ago today: Antonio Salieri - Requiem in C-Minor (Piccolo Requiem)

My song pick 14 years ago today: Marmalade - Reflections of My Life

My song pick 15 years ago today: .38 Special - Same Old Feeling
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In