5610. Little Richard - I Don't Know What You've Got But It's Got Me (Parts 1+2)

From: I Don't Know What You've Got But It's Got Me (single); Year: 1965; Genre: R&B/Soul/Gospel/Rock 'n Roll/Blues
For the last little bit I've had some of Little Richard's music on my mind, especially since hearing Take It Like a Man from Bachman-Turner Overdrive, which he provided the hot piano part.
Anyway, the title to these two tracks that served as both "A" and "B" sides respectively to the single release has always bemused me; quite clever lyrically. It's amazing to hear his "all-out" to the edge singing on these two tracks, which are mainly very steeped in the blues as well as many other genres that he's known for; all I can say is that his talent and virtuosity are on massive display here.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Pallas - Arrive Alive

My song pick 5 years ago today: Devo - Are U X-perienced?

My song pick 6 years ago today: Nena - ? (Fragezeichen)

My song pick 7 years ago today: Rush - Mission

My song pick 8 years ago today: Amnesty - Love Fades

My song pick 9 years ago today: Gerry Rafferty - Days Gone Down (Still Got The Light In Your Eyes)

My song pick 10 years ago today: Tommy James - Mirage

My song pick 11 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - In Another Land

My song pick 12 years ago today: Iron Maiden - Satellite 15... The Final Frontier

My song pick 13 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Hold on Tight / Epilogue

My song pick 14 years ago today: C.W. McCall - Wolf Creek Pass

My song pick 15 years ago today: Eddie Rabbitt - I'm Driving My Life Away
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In