5616. Wolfmother - Colossal

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71WHjBmRoxL._SX522_.jpg
From: Wolfmother; Year: 2005; Genre: Heavy Metal/Hard Rock
Since they appeared on the "scene" over 15 years ago, it has been comforting to know that there are bands out there still making music such as this. What I've always liked about Wolfmother's sound is that it's a generalized homage to the early to mid 1970s proto-metal/hard rock pioneers but with a fresh perspective to it. 
In places Colossal reminds me a lot of the music you'd hear from bands such as Deep Purple, Frijid Pink, and Blue Cheer to name a few; very interesting and fun piece to listen to.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: The Kinks - Introduction to a Solution

My song pick 5 years ago today: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Mary Jane's Last Dance

My song pick 6 years ago today: ABBA - Head Over Heels

My song pick 7 years ago today: Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time

My song pick 8 years ago today: Billy Joel - All for Leyna

My song pick 9 years ago today: Santo & Johnny - Adventures in Paradise

My song pick 10 years ago today: Megadeth - Blackmail the Universe

My song pick 11 years ago today: Black 47 - Fire of Freedom

My song pick 12 years ago today: Aerosmith - Amazing

My song pick 13 years ago today: Banchee - Beautifully Day

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Cure - Burn

My song pick 15 years ago today: Fire Bomber (Hummingbird) - Dynamite Explosion
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In