5287. Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock

From: Jingle Bell Rock (single); Year: 1957; Genre: Rock 'n Roll/Rockabilly/Christmas
I'm kind of surprised that I'm on my 15th Christmas season of picking songs for the Holiday and have not picked this contemporary classic originally recorded by the late-great Bobby Helms, who was a pioneer in not only country/western, but early rock 'n roll as well. Over any Christmas season from the last 60+ years most in the industrialized world has heard it at least once during the season. Whilst my absolute favourite cover of this song was done by The Muppets' "house band" Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, which can be seen here on YouTube, is definitely a piece of my childhood memories.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - What Child is This?

My song pick 4 years ago today: Dropkick Murphys - The Season's Upon Us

My song pick 5 years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Nutrocker

My song pick 6 years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - O Come All Ye Faithful/O Holy Night

My song pick 7 years ago today: Bob Rivers - Holidaze

My song pick 8 years ago today: Bob Rivers - Aquaclaus

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Honeycombs - Have I the Right?

My song pick 10 years ago today: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Christmas All Over Again

My song pick 11 years ago today: Rush - Tears

My song pick 12 years ago today: Sylvia - Drifter

My song pick 13 years ago today: Cheech & Chong - Santa Claus and His Old Lady

My song pick 14 years ago today: Supertramp - The Logical Song
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn