3444. Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Nutrocker

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/613P2uBBRnL.jpg
From: Pictures at an Exhibition; Year: 1971; Genre: Progressive Rock/Rock 'N Roll
Yesterday I discovered that Greg Lake passed away a couple of weeks ago; leaving only Carl Palmer still alive from this epic supergroup. It's sad that I learned about him passing away long after the fact; most news outlets don't really care about real talented musicians and marginalize or flat-out ignore them. In 2016 I've seen many of the musicians I look up to pass away, and at 69 years of age Greg Lake was far to young.

Anyway, on more happy subjects, I decided that I should pick one of their songs. Of course there was really only one song I could pick in this week prior to Christmas since I already have chosen Lake's I Believe in Father Christmas. This one is cover of the rock 'n roll rendition of Tchaikovsky's March of the Toy Soldiers from The Nutcracker Suite done in the early 1960s by B. Bumble & the Stingers. EL&P really did a great job in their version of the piece.

Watch a live performance on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - O Come All Ye Faithful/O Holy Night

My song pick two years ago today: Bob Rivers - Holidaze

My song pick three years ago today: Bob Rivers - Aquaclaus

My song pick four years ago today: The Honeycombs - Have I the Right?

My song pick five years ago today: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Christmas All Over Again

My song pick six years ago today: Rush - Tears

My song pick seven years ago today: Sylvia - Drifter

My song pick eight years ago today: Cheech & Chong - Santa Claus and His Old Lady

My song pick nine years ago today: Supertramp - The Logical Song


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn