5718. Naked Eyes - Always Something There to Remind Me

From: Burning Bridges; Year: 1983; Genre: New Wave/Synthpop
Very surprised to see that this track had not graced my blog yet, but today is a good time to choose it with the death of the legend that was Burt Bacharach. This rather large hit by Naked Eyes was originally written by very prolific songwriting team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David for one of the main artists they collaborated with: Dionne Warwick, which was all the way back in 1963. However, it was initially not released and Lou Johnson would end up recording it and released it a year later; a couple more covers of note would also come out during the '60s as well.
All of those earlier version were incredible in their own right, but you got to hand it to Naked Eyes to reinterpret these soulful original recordings in the early 1980s electronic synth heavy style and make it a hit even bigger than before.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Midnight Oil - King of the Mountain

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Wootens - Do I Do

My song pick 6 years ago today: Berlin - No More Words

My song pick 7 years ago today: Yes - Sound Chaser

My song pick 8 years ago today: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)

My song pick 9 years ago today: Journey - Look Into the Future

My song pick 10 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Take it Like a Man

My song pick 11 years ago today: Stratovarius - Wings of Tomorrow

My song pick 12 years ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire - Serpentine Fire

My song pick 13 years ago today: Manuel de Falla - Danza Del Terror (Dance of Terror)

My song pick 14 years ago today: Dire Straits - Lady Writer

My song pick 15 years ago today: Rammstein - Zerstören
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In