5735. Jethro Tull - Reasons For Waiting

From: Stand Up; Year: 1969; Genre: Progressive Rock/Folk Rock
I remember the first time I actually heard this song was when I purchased the record, along with box of countless others from a used music store back in the day. Reasons For Waiting was one that immediately caught my attention; it was kind of unique in comparison to the other tracks on the album with the others generally being more raucous whilst this one had a much gentler sound, if you will, being all acoustic. However, their is still a lot of heaviness and power throughout this one and is quite a gem, especially with Martin Barre performing a second flute on it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Shots

My song pick 5 years ago today: Pallas - New Life

My song pick 6 years ago today: Ultravox - Hymn

My song pick 7 years ago today: Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You

My song pick 8 years ago today: Leonard Nimoy - Highly Illogical

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Headhunters - If You Got It, You'll Get It

My song pick 10 years ago today: Billy Joel - Piano Man

My song pick 11 years ago today: Pallas - Heart Attack

My song pick 12 years ago today: Chet Atkins - Windy and Warm

My song pick 13 years ago today: David Bowie - The Man Who Sold the World

My song pick 14 years ago today: Dire Straits - Industrial Disease

My song pick 15 years ago today: Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In