5722. King Crimson - The Talking Drum

From: Larks' Tongues in Aspic; Year: 1973; Genre: Progressive Rock
Was listening to a bunch of music from, I guess you could call it the "John Wetton" era of the band; Larks' Tongues in Aspic was, of course, his first record as a member of King Crimson playing primarily bass and lead vocals.
This is kind of an odd instrumental piece with some interesting characteristics, chiefly being how it starts out very quiet and gets very loud as the song progresses. Add to that the weird rhythms and meters and the different modalities throughout and you got something quite unique for the ears.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Sister Sledge - Do the Funk Do

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Smashing Pumpkins - 1979

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Guess Who - Share the Land

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine

My song pick 8 years ago today: Fates Warning - Pale Fire

My song pick 9 years ago today: Blue Cheer - Parchment Farm

My song pick 10 years ago today: Yes - Gates of Delirium

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dire Straits - Money for Nothing

My song pick 12 years ago today: ABBA - S.O.S.

My song pick 13 years ago today: Bobby Bare - The Winner

My song pick 14 years ago today: Pearl Jam - Even Flow

My song pick 15 years ago today: Bon Jovi - It's My Life
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In