5721. The "5" Royales - Dedicated to the One I Love

From: Dedicated To You; Year: 1957; Genre: Doo-Wop/R&B
Normally for myself I've never been big on what is the more modern concept of St. Valentines Day; to me it was just a made up holiday to make those without a "significant other" feel miserable and to get some sort of credibility to prop it up they made it in the name of a historical person who was brutally martyred that had absolutely nothing to do with wot and how this "holiday" is celebrated. (Okay, off my soapbox now.)
Anyway, today I'm less jaded as it would seem and decided to try and be festive, if you will. So, with that I am picking one of my favoured song with the subject matter. Whilst also a hit song for many other subsequent acts, most famously by The Shirelles and The Mamas and the Papas, this original recorded has some great charm to it, especially that lead guitar and the noted doo-wop stylings.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Queen - My Fairy King

My song pick 5 years ago today: Foo Fighters - Baker Street

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Supremes (Diana Ross & the Supremes) - Back in My Arms Again

My song pick 7 years ago today: Toto - Hydra

My song pick 8 years ago today: Soundgarden - Hunted Down

My song pick 9 years ago today: The (Detroit) Spinners - Working My Way Back to You/Forgive Me, Girl

My song pick 10 years ago today: John Fogerty - Rock and Roll Girls

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dream Theater - On the Backs of Angels

My song pick 12 years ago today: Hawkwind - Right to Decide

My song pick 13 years ago today: Survivor - The Eye of the Tiger

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Black Crowes - Remedy

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Crazy World of Arthur Brown - Fire (I am the god of Hellfire)
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In