5341. Tesla - Love Song

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61tSOQmPocL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: The Great Radio Controversy; Year: 1989; Genre: Hard Rock/Glam Metal
Well, it is Valentine's Day once again; even though I recently chose a song from Tesla and this album in particular I knew this was the perfect song for today. Of all the songs out there with the title Love Song, this one is one that is always the one that first comes to mind for me. Probably one of the band's most recognizable and most popular tracks to most people of my generation, and our kids I guess, who we expose the songs of our youth to in their formative years. 
Anyway, while playing the bass guitar covering this one is for me kind of repetitive making the slightest mistake on the bass line is extremely noticeable from the way the song is written, so it does require a lot of concentration. Even though it, and by extension the band, got the "glam metal/power ballad" label affixed to it this one is quite interesting in how it was written and arranged; it does not really have the verse-chorus structure you'd expect. It more uses dynamics and emotional music context to set the structure, with the intricate acoustic intro, then the song builds, almost jumps, but then comes back down only to go ahead and launch into an extended chorus, then bringing it back down with a sparse exit to the piece.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Queen - My Fairy King

My song pick 4 years ago today: Foo Fighters - Baker Street

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Supremes (Diana Ross & the Supremes) - Back in My Arms Again

My song pick 6 years ago today: Toto - Hydra

My song pick 7 years ago today: Soundgarden - Hunted Down

My song pick 8 years ago today: The (Detroit) Spinners - Working My Way Back to You/Forgive Me, Girl

My song pick 9 years ago today: John Fogerty - Rock and Roll Girls

My song pick 10 years ago today: Dream Theater - On the Backs of Angels

My song pick 11 years ago today: Hawkwind - Right to Decide

My song pick 12 years ago today: Survivor - The Eye of the Tiger

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Black Crowes - Remedy

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Crazy World of Arthur Brown - Fire (I am the god of Hellfire)
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In