1679 Dropkick Murphys - Black Velvet Band

1679 Dropkick Murphys - Black Velvet Band
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QGBZ4KQTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Blackout, Year: 2003
Genre: Celtic Rock/Punk

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I had a few songs from various bands in mind for today's pick, but I decided on this rendition of the traditional folk song originally written around the early 1800's. Although many acts have recorded their versions of this song over the last 50 years, the Celtic Rock/Punk sound of the Dropkick Murphys fits my mood the best.

Hear Black Velvet Band on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Black 47 - Green Suede Shoes

My song pick two years ago today: Savatage - St. Patricks

My song pick three years ago today: Mose Allison - Your Mind is on Vacation

My song pick four years ago today: Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the Jar

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn