1325 Northern Kings - Don't Stop Believin'

1325 Northern Kings - Don't Stop Believin'
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51LDaXPEOEL._SS400_.jpg
From: Reborn, Year: 2007

'Tis day two of my cover song theme week; this is a cover of Journey's anthemic hit song by the Finnish Symphonic Metal group Northern Kings. Being that Northern Kings is a cover band/side project for four Finnish Metal musicians there were quite a few songs to choose from, but for no reason other than I like it I picked it.
As you would expect, this song has the big Symphonic Metal sound to it and it has a rather nice galloping rhythm as well. Marco Hietala's vocals are one of the best aspects of the song in my opinion.

Hear the Northern Kings' version of the song on YouTube.
Hear Journey's original version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: King Crimson - Thela Hun Ginjeet

My song pick two years ago today: Jaco Pastorius - Slang

My song pick three years ago today: Falco - Der Kommissar

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade