1326 Ugly Kid Joe - Cat's in the Cradle

1326 Ugly Kid Joe - Cat's in the Cradle
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/c7/5f/65da431378a046ce2d918110.L.jpg
From: America's Least Wanted, Year: 1992

Day number three of my theme week of picking cover songs. Almost all of the time I have a song running through my mind and as luck would have it Ugly Kid Joe's cover of this rather sentimental Harry Chapin song was running through my mind yesterday; I thought it would make an excellent addition to this theme.
While I like both versions I have to say that I like the cover a little better at times. It is probably because Ugly Kid Joe's version came out in my formative teenage years and is tied to that time and thus I'm biased; heck, I fully admit it. I really like the edge they added to the song and how at the same time were able to keep the spirit of the original intact.

Hear Ugly Kid Joe's cover on YouTube.
Watch the music video on YouTube.
Hear Harry Chapin's original on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Steeleye Span - Sails of Silver

My song pick two years ago today: Duran Duran - Electric Barbarella

My song pick three years ago today: Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom

+

Comments

  1. Excellent song! will appear on my 10k blog in the future as well.

    --
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it, you've been picking some excellent music as well; I have a few you've picked that will end up here in the future as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade