1416 Steeleye Span - Dark-Eyed Sailor

1416 Steeleye Span - Dark-Eyed Sailor
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/6a/c3/8493c060ada01d4153f8f110.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Hark! The Village Wait, Year: 1970
Genre: Electric Folk Rock


I guess I'm getting my pick in just under the wire again, or so it would seem.
Anyway, here's a rather nice track off of Steeleye Span's debut album. As you might expect, this is their take on another traditional Folk song. I quite love their arrangement in this one, especially Ashley Hutchings' bass and, of course, Maddy Prior's vocals.

Hear Dark-Eyed Sailor on YouTube.
Watch a live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Police - The King of Pain

My song pick two years ago today: Chet Atkins - Yakety Axe

My song pick three years ago today: Benjamin Britten - War Requiem

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement

6348. Lightning Seeds - Pure

6314. Lionel Richie - Hello