1619 Ludwig Van Beethoven - Op. 31 No. 2 - Piano Sonata No. 17 in D minor "Tempest"

1619 Ludwig Van Beethoven - Op. 31 No. 2 - Piano Sonata No. 17 in D minor "Tempest"
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Beethoven.jpg
Opus 31 No. 2, Year: 1802-1803
Genre: Classical Period/classical

Being that it's a crazy day out there on the interweb, I decided I would pick a nice piece of Classic music instead of the stuff from the last 80 or so years like I normally would. Just like his other piano music, this one is a truly beautiful piece of music.

If no one noticed a great deal of popular websites have put up a self-imposed blackout here in the U.S. in protest of two bills that are currently going through the process in congress. You can find out the particulars of the SOPA and PIPA laws for yourself on Wikipedia. I almost joined them in their protest by blacking out my blog, but really, only a few regular readers would miss it, so I figured if I did it, it would just seem overtly pretentious. That being said, I do fully support the actions of those sites in their opposition of these two poorly written and potentially devastating pieces of legislation.

Here is a live performance of the piece performed by Wilhelm Kempff:
Here is part one on YouTube.
Here is part two on YouTube.
Here is part three on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: David Bowie - Diamond Dogs

My song pick two years ago today: Sky - Toccata

My song pick three years ago today: Journey - Who's Crying Now

My song pick four years ago today: Billy Joel - Only the Good Die Young

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn