1663 The Monkees - Daydream Believer

1663 The Monkees - Daydream Believer
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VCXCARQQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: The Birds, The Bees & The Monkees, Year: 1968
Genre: Pop Rock

Davy Jones passed away yesterday from an unexpected heart attack. While I've never considered myself a fan of "the prefab four," there is some of their music I do like and I figured I should pick one of their songs.
I wasn't around when they were the corporate pop band de jour and by the time I was old enough to really listen to them all that was really left was their music; I just looked at them as any other '60's pop band. While they didn't actually write most of their music and didn't even play on their earlier work, which is, other than the fact they were an industry construct, where they got most of their knocking from, that was actually, for the most part what was normal in the music industry at the time.
Anyway, this is one of their songs that they recorded to feature Davy Jones on lead vocals that I've always liked, mostly for the chords and their progression through the verses. The song's main monster hook however, is the tried and true method of launching into major chords for the chorus.

Here is a fan video with the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Muse - Resistance

My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - From A Deadbeat To An Old Greaser

My song pick three years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Oh Well

My song pick four years ago today: Aerosmith - Janie's Got A Gun

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade