1674 Jethro Tull - Aeroplane

1674 Jethro Tull - Aeroplane
From: Sunshine Day (Single), Year: 1968
Genre: Blues Rock

I had no song in mind for today, so, as I've been doing lately because my song pick numbers have gotten to where they match years that someone in music might've been born/died, etc., I Googled the year 1674. Low and behold 1674 happened to be the year that Jethro Tull was born, no, not the band or anyone in it; the agriculturalist that the band took its name from.
For the record, there was never anyone in the band with the names Jethro or Tull, they actually got the name early on when the band's management would continually change its name in order to get the band re-booked at venues. It just so happens that they were known as Jethro Tull the time they got asked to do another show at The Marquee club, and it stuck. Anyway, there's a piece of useless musical trivia for you.
After I discovered this, being a 'Tull fan and all, I figured I should pick one of their earliest recordings. This one is the b-side to their Sunshine Day single, which is most noted for the mistake of the band's name being mislabeled as "Jethro Toe;" I guess it's kind of a collector's item.
Their sound on this one contrasts greatly with the Progressive Rock they're known for; their music at this time sounds a lot like many of the other British Blues Rock bands at the time.

Here is the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Styx - Renegade

My song pick two years ago today: The Jaggerz - The Rapper

My song pick three years ago today: Sha Na Na - Blue Moon

My song pick four years ago today: The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade