1685 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1062 - Concerto in C-Minor For Two Harpsichords

1685 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1062 - Concerto in C-Minor For Two Harpsichords
File:Johann Sebastian Bach.jpg
BWV 1062, Year: 1739
Genre: Baroque Period/classical

Today is my sixteen-hundred-and-eighty-fifth song pick, which also happens to be the year, (1685), which two great and quite famous Baroque composers were born: Johann Sebastian Bach and George Frideric Handel. It was a toss-up as to which composer's songs I was going to pick. However, in the end, with J.S. Bach being my favourite composer from any period of classical music, I again went with something from the BWV list.
This piece is actually a transcription of one of his more famous pieces, BWV 1043 - Double Violin Concerto, re-written for the harpsichord; it can easily be found on a YouTube search. I almost picked the original piece, but I've always loved the sound of the harpsichord and anytime I get an opportunity to hear one being played I take it.

Here is a performance of the piece performed by Trevor Pinnock and Kenneth Gilbert:
Here is part one: Allegro on YouTube.
Here is part two: Andante on YouTube.
Here is part three: Allegro Assai on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rammstein - Feuerräder

My song pick two year ago today: Igor Stravinsky - Rite of Spring - Sacrificial Dance

My song pick three years ago today: KISS - Detroit Rock City

My song pick four years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 645 - Wachet auf ruft uns die Stimme

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade