1681 Georg Philipp Telemann - TWV 55:C3 - Wassermusik - Hamburger Ebbe und Flut

1681 Georg Philipp Telemann - TWV 55:C3 - Wassermusik - Hamburger Ebbe und Flut
File:Telemann 4.jpg
TWV 55:C3, Year: 1723
Genre: Baroque Period/classical

Doing another pick on the historical figure birthdate theme; 1681 happened to be the birth year of one of my favourite Baroque composers: Georg Philipp Telemann and oddly enough he would've turned 331 on the 14 of March. I figured it would be nice to pick one of his masterpieces today; this piece is also one of my favourites among many from this truly great composer.

Here is a performance of the piece conducted by August Wenzinger:
Here is Part 1 on YouTube.
Here is Part 2 on YouTube.
Here is Part 3 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Steve Winwood - The Finer Things

My song pick two years ago today: Tarja Turunen - I Walk Alone

My song pick three years ago today: Link Wray - Rumble

My song pick four years ago today: The Carter Family - Wildwood Flower

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade