1680 Alestorm - You Are a Pirate

1680 Alestorm - You Are a Pirate
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51mDoNfVbBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Back Through Time, Year: 2011
Genre: Power Metal/Celtic Folk Metal/Pirate Metal

I discovered that 1680 is thought to be the birth year of one Edward Teach, who is better known as the pirate Blackbeard. After I learned of that factoid my sixteen-hundred-and-eightieth song pick was a no brainer.
For those not aware of it, this song is a cover of a song from a children's television show called LazyTown, which can be found here on YouTube. That original version from the show is actually quite popular due to it being used as a meme about internet piracy.
Anyway, when I first saw this song on the album's song list I busted a gut laughing and couldn't wait to hear Alestorm's metal rendition of the song. The only thing I was actually surprised about when I discovered the track on the CD was that, being that they are a Metal band that uses the pirate theme, they hadn't done it earlier.
As always with their music this song is pure fun to listen to; they are one of those bands where everybody just seems to be having fun with the music and not taking things too seriously.

Hear Alestorm's You Are a Pirate on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Bill Evans Trio - Waltz for Debbie

My song pick two years ago today: The Box Tops - The Letter

My song pick three years ago today: Azteca - Mazatlan

My song pick four years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Have You Ever Seen the Rain?

+

Comments

  1. Now this is some choice stuff. "Captain Morgan's Revenge" is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're a fun band to listen to. They've been getting a lot of play at my house lately; I really should pick more of their music.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade