1668 Aphrodite's Child - The Beast

1668 Aphrodite's Child - The Beast
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61kIY5GFS3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: 666: (The Apocalypse of John, 13/18), Year: 1972
Genre: Progressive Rock/Psychedelic Rock

I thought I would keep this 'Beastie' mini theme going one more day with this song off of Aphrodite's Child's Prog Rock Concept album based on The Book or Revelation, aka 'The Apocalypse of John.'
In my opinion this is actually an excellent and quite an underrated album in so many ways. I love how many of the songs contrast with one another, yet still flow quite nicely. The main draw for me on the entire album, however, is, of course, the compositions and amazing musicianship from Vangelis and company. I love the bluesy feel and the funky groove they used on this track in particular.

Here is a fan video with the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Duran Duran - Lonely In Your Nightmare

My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Dogs in the Midwinter

My song pick three years ago today: John Denver - Season Suite: Late Winter, Early Spring (When Everybody Goes To Mexico)

My song four years ago today: César Antonovich Cui - Orientale

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade