1682 Alestorm - Set Sail to Conquer

1682 Alestorm - Set Sail to Conquer
From: Captain Morgan's Revenge, Year: 2008
Genre: Power Metal/Celtic Folk Metal/Pirate Metal

The year 1682 happens to be the year that the pirate Bartholomew Roberts, aka "Black Bart" was born. While he's not a well remembered as the likes of Blackbeard, he was supposedly the most successful pirate during the age. Yesterday Max also picked one of their songs, so I figured I would pick another great Pirate Metal tune from Alestorm as well.

Hear Set Sail to Conquer on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Pee Wee King and his Golden West Cowboys - The Ghost and Honest Joe

My song pick two years ago today: Jerry Reed - Amos Moses

My song pick three years ago today: Santana - All The Love In The Universe

My song pick four years ago today: The Who - My Generation

+

Comments

  1. Gosh ! Nena led me into this blog just now and listening to Alestrom for the first time I wonder if this is not a southern counties school teacher Nena wannabe who has had a tad too much ale. Made me LMAO ! Keep these hits coming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up Captain Morgan's Revenge and Back Through Time on iTunes. They are helping to relieve the stress of unemployment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool. I'd also recommend their "Black Sails at Midnight" album. "No Quarter" and "Keelhauled" alone are worth it by themselves along with, of course, "P is for Pirate!"
      "Keelhauled" in particular is a good stress reliving track. http://williamsongblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/1585-alestorm-keelhauled.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade