1688 Shocking Blue - Never Marry a Railroad Man

1688 Shocking Blue - Never Marry a Railroad Man
From: 3rd Album, Year: 1971
Genre: Rock


I heard this song again yesterday and thought it would make an excellent choice for today. The Shocking Blue is known mostly for their hit song Venus; this was another one of their hits, it's just not as popular. I love their use of the nylon stringed guitar played in a flamencoesque style; it adds an amazing contrast dynamically to the heavier rock sound.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Hawkwind - Mirror of Illusion

My song pick two years ago today: Louis Armstrong and his Hot Seven - Melancholy Blues

My song pick three years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell

My song pick four years ago today: Pink Floyd - Brain Damage/Eclipse

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn