1693 Hawkwind - Living on a Knife Edge

From: Sonic Attack, Year: 1981, Genre: Space Rock/Progressive Rock
Well, as of tomorrow Blogger will no longer allow me to use the simple, easy to use software I was used to, so I decided I would "upgrade" a day early. As you can probably tell I'm not at all in favour of the move. I tried the software about six months ago and absolutely hated it; ever since I first saw the notification that this was taking place I dreaded it.
I don't know what it is with these services who take a simple, easy to used, streamlined interface and "add" new features that only serve to make the blog posting process a messed up pain in the arse. Not only that, they saw fit to make the older processes that you were used to that much more difficult as well!
Okay, I will end my rant now.
Anyway, for no reason what-so-ever I felt like listening to some Hawkwind today. Initially I wanted to pick a song from their Alien 4 album, but sadly none of the songs that I wanted to pick were available on YouTube. So, I went to another album and picked this nice track from their 1981 release Sonic Attack. This is very much a guitar-driven song with, as always with Hawkwind, excellent lyrics and subject matter. In my opinion this on this song they remind me a bit of Devo for some reason.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Graveyard Train

My song pick two years ago today: Sethian - Blood Calling

My song pick three years ago today: Azteca - You Can't Take The Funk Out Of Me

My song pick four years ago today: Bryan Adams - Run To You

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn