1717 Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died

From: Paper Lace; Year: 1974; Genre: Rock
For most of yesterday while I was getting some work done this song kept running through my mind, so as I usually do and since it's a song that I've always liked, I'm making it today's pick.
Back when I was young this was one among the many, many songs that father used to play from his old "super hits" records. This was probably their biggest hit, but I believe that they had at least a couple of others.
While this song tells a story based in Chicago during the time of Al Capone, it's actually a total work of fiction. From what I've read, the members of the band, who were from The U.K., actually didn't know much about the city or the subject other than from old gangster flicks. Even at that though it really doesn't detract from that song that much if at all.

Hear The Night Chicago Died on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Muse - Starlight

My song pick two years ago today: Styx - Lorelei

My song pick three years ago today: Three Dog Night - Never Been To Spain

My song pick four years ago today: Concrete Blonde - Joey

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade