1789 Jethro Tull - No Lullaby

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71yPehQzGBL._SS500_.jpg
From: Heavy Horses; Year: 1978; Genre: Progressive Rock
For the last couple of days I've had this song running through my head off and on; I thought I would, as I always do, take as a sign and go ahead and pick it.
This rather excellent/interesting piece of prog/rock is one of the heavier songs featured on their '78 Heavy Horses album, which is one of my absolute favourites from the band. It also clocks in at just under eight minutes, oddly enough that still makes it only the second longest track on the record.
This one is by far more driven by both Martin Barre's excellent, blazing guitar work and John Glascock's driving and intricate bass line. I also believe that this is one of the few 'Tull songs to feature Ian Anderson playing an electric guitar instead of his normal acoustic one on the studio version.

Hear No Lullaby on YouTube.
Here is the live performance from their '78 Madison Square Garden show on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Cyndi Lauper - The Goonies 'R' Good Enough

My song pick two years ago today: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Into The Great Wide Open

My song pick three years ago today: The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Man of Principle

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade