1767 Queen - Somebody to Love

From: A Day at the Races; Year: 1976; Genre: Rock
I've been meaning to choose this song for quite a while now and am finally getting around to picking it today. Actually, until just a little bit ago I thought I'd already picked it, but ever since I discovered that I hadn't, I made it a priority to do so.
Somebody to Love was one of my first songs that I heard from the band that I fell in love with; there is just something about that rock-meets-gospel sound combined with the awesome harmonies that Queen is known for that makes this song truly amazing.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rush (Neil Peart) - O Baterista (Drum Solo)

My song pick two years ago today: Hawkwind - Zarozinia

My song pick three years ago today: Ghostland Observatory - Sad Sad City

My song pick four years ago today: The Wallflowers - One Headlight

+

Comments

  1. Ah, mid-70s Queen. Doesn't get much better than that.

    And I think George Michael did a really great job on this song for the Mercury tribute concert. There, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, and I've never been a real fan of George Michael.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn