1763 Hawkwind - City of Lagoons

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51H0pn72VwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music; Year: 1976; Genre: Space Rock
It's a sad day for us Sci-Fi geeks; this morning I found out that legendary science fiction author Ray Bradbury passed away. A writeup can be found here on BBC.com.
I know for a fact that there are more appropriate songs out there, but for some reason they are totally slipping my mind this morning. However, being a Hawkwind fan, I immediately remembered this album that the band got some of their inspiration in creating it from Analog Science Fiction and Fact magazine, a magazine which Ray Bradbury contributed stories to. I know it's not much of a connection, but it will suffice.
They not only gave the album a cover similar to what you'd see on a science fiction magazine cover, but wrote songs as if they were sci-fi short stories with titles like you would've seen in those magazines as as well; they even added fake advertisements and such on the record sleeve.
Anyway, this is one of my favourites off the album. It's a rather jazzy space rock instrumental that for some reason just seemed fitting.

Hear City of Lagoons on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Savatage - Surrender

My song pick two years ago today: Jim Croce - Tomorrow's Gonna Be a Brighter Day

My song pick three years ago today: The Doors - Crystal Ship

My song pick four years ago today: Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)