1788 Red Rider - White Hot

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410AAVR2EEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Don't Fight It; Year: 1980; Genre: Rock
I was listening to some Red Rider the other day and got me thinking about picking another one of their songs. Even though they are probably best-known for their song Lunatic Fringe this one was also a minor hit for them off of their first album. While their overall sound was similar to the other mainstream rock bands of the time, one thing that set them apart for me at least was Ken Greer's lead guitar, which on some songs he played on a pedal steel guitar; it really gave his solos an amazing and very distinctive sound.

Hear White Hot on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa

My song pick two years ago today: Queen - Play The Game

My song pick three years ago today: Jerry Reed - Guitar Man

My song pick four years ago today: Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade