1771 Eddie Rabbitt - I Love a Rainy Night

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5182nrruu7L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Horizon; Year: 1980; Genre: Country/Rock
For the last couple of days we had some wonderful thunderstorms rumbling across the area. The other night we had an especially feisty one roll through; as I watched it whilst standing in front of the open window this apropos song kept running through my mind. It was quite a nice soundtrack to go along with the claps of thunder that shook the house.
Anyway, this was one of Eddie Rabbitt's most popular songs and was part of the Country/Rock crossovers that permeated the late '70s and early '80s. His Horizon album will always have a special place for me; I grew up hearing it quite a bit, well, at least the first 3 songs; those were the ones that got a lot of play in particular.

Hear I Love a Rainy Night on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out

My song pick two years ago today: Jimmy Dean - Big Bad John

My song pick three years ago today: Savatage - If I Go Away

My song pick four years ago today: Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn