2211 Jacques Offenbach - La belle Hélène (Overture)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/Jacques_Offenbach_by_Nadar.jpg
From: La belle Hélène; Year: 1864; Genre: Romantic Period/classical
Most of the morning I've been listening to a bunch of Offenbach's works whilst getting some work done; I thought I would pick one of them today.
Generally two of my favourite types of classical music are Requiems and Overtures in that order. This one happens to be the overture to one of his more famous pieces: the Opéra Bouffe La belle Hélène. It just one of many incredible pieces of music from this master of his art.

Hear the La Belle Hélène Overture on YouTube. Performed by the Vienna State Opera Orchestra, Conducted by Hermann Scherchen.



My song pick a year ago today: Brave Belt - Another Way Out

My song pick two years ago today: 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite

My song pick three years ago today: Joachim Witt - Krieger Des Licht

My song pick four years ago today: Jimi Hendrix - Angel

My song pick five years ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Sunset Road


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn