1101 Joachim Witt - Krieger Des Licht

1101 Joachim Witt - Krieger Des Licht
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c9/Pop_Joachim_Witt_Album.jpg

I have decided on doing an "Also Known as Rammstein" theme week; I will be choosing songs from seven different bands that have been mislabeled as Rammstein on the interwebz. It seems that some individuals will label any musical artist with male vocals singing in German "Rammstein" even if they sing in a higher vocal register, however, most of the time the vocalist will have to at least sing in a baritone or lower to be mistaken. Another factor seems to be the genre of the mislabeled bands; most of them are associated with Neue Deutsche Härte, Industrial Metal, and/or similar genres. This phenomenon has gotten to the point that when I am searching for a song by another German band sometimes I have to use "Rammstein" in my search parameters to get a relevant result.
The cause of this is probably due to the fact that Rammstein is one of the few German Metal bands to break into America's mainstream pop culture. Yes, The Scorpions and a few others made their way here long before Rammstein did, but the songs they are known for are sung in English, plus their style contrasts with Rammstein's sound.
Anyway, I am kicking off this theme week with an artist that I have noticed being mislabeled the most: Joachim Witt. I have noted that most of his music that gets credited to Rammstein comes after his '98 album: Bayreuth 1; prior to that album he was more of a German New Wave artist. Since Bayreuth 1 and 2, which are the two albums that got me into his music in the first place, his music has stayed on the heavier side. Krieger Des Licht comes off of his '04 Pop album; it is one of my favourite tracks on the disc.

Here is an Animé Music Video with the studio version on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Jimi Hendrix - Angel
My song pick two years ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Sunset Road

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn