2212 ABBA - Arrival

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2B6Bf3UpGL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Arrival; Year: 1976; Genre: Symphonic Rock
Off and on over the last week or so I've had some songs from this album running through my mind.
While they had quite a lot of success with their three previous albums, it was with the aptly-titled Arrival that really saw the full-on international success. Though it's not my favourite album from ABBA there are quite a few excellent songs to be heard on it; you can't help but notice the sheer amount of hits that permeate the tracklisting, and not just hits but most of the band's major, biggest hits come from this album.
Anyway, this instrumental piece, which is obviously also the title-track conspicuously closes out the album; I have no idea why they wouldn't have made this track as an overture that opened the album, but I guess its placement worked. It is a rather pretty instrumental piece, which is written around a simple melody but ends up coming across as rather big; quite a nice song and all.

Hear Arrival on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Barenaked Ladies - The Old Apartment

My song pick two years ago today: The Rolling Stones - 100 Years Ago

My song pick three years ago today: Eisbrecher - Mein Blut

My song pick four years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Lookin' Out For #1

My song pick five years ago today: Rammstein - Sonne


Comments

  1. Symphonic rock, really? For me ABBA is just pop. Still like this band though. I'm gonna listen to this track, I don't think I've ever heard it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of there later material from "Super Trouper" and "The Visitors" is quite intricate musically.

      Delete
  2. Oh wait, this is that ABBA song that Mike Oldfield did a cover off on QE2.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade