2214 Chet Atkins and Merle Travis - I'll See You In My Dreams

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51y1Lu9Z0pL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: The Atkins - Travis Traveling Show; Year: 1974; Genre: Gypsy Jazz/Country
I had another song in mind to pick today, but this rather beautiful song kept my mind occupied, so (as I normally do), I am taking it as a sign I should pick it.
Wow, this song certainly does stir up the memories and emotions; my grandfather used to play this song a lot, I mean A LOT over the years. He was so good at playing this one and much of Chet Atkins' catalogue most couldn't tell if it was him playing or the record.
Anyway, this is a great cover of the often-recorded jazz standard originally written in the mid-1920s by Isham Jones and Gus Khan.

Hear I'll See You In My Dreams on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - O.D.'d on Life Itself

My song pick two years ago today: Hawkwind - We Took the Wrong Step Years Ago

My song pick three years ago today: Oomph! - Das Weiße Licht

My song pick four years ago today: Trio of Doom - Dark Prince

My song pick five years ago today: Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade