2285 Jaco Pastorius (featuring Sam & Dave) - Come Over, Come Over

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qn288594L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Jaco Pastorius; Year: 1976; Genre: Jazz Fusion/Funk
I'm continuing my streak of making Funky Friday picks with this being my eighth consecutive. Last week I picked one from a bassist that is among the greatest alive, but this week I decided I should pick one from one of the past greats who was a pioneer that the best today were inspired by: Jaco Pastorius.
Anyway, this song is definitely a darn good blending of Jazz and Funk that is excellent by itself if it was an instrumental, but Sam & Dave's vocals push this song to be one of the best on the album.

Hear Come Over, Come Over on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Chet Atkins - Whispering

My song pick two years ago today: Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall, Parts 1-3

My song pick three years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - X-Ray Eyes

My song pick four years ago today: Alton Ellis - Sunday Coming

My song pick five years ago today: Pat Benatar - Treat Me Right

My song pick six years ago today: Ronnie Milsap - Smokey Mountain Rain


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade