2314 Rick James - Super Freak

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51u3Mj6aYFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Street Songs; Year: 1981; Genre: Funk/R&B
I've made it to a full dozen Funky Friday's in a row!
I was contemplating as to which funky song would be picked today and the signature bass line/hook started playing in my mind. Heck yeah! A perfect song for any day you feel funky, let alone on a Funky Friday.

Watch the music video clip on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Three to Get Ready

My song pick two years ago today: Rammstein - Rammstein

My song pick three years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - You Send Me

My song pick four years ago today: Frijid Pink - House of the Rising Sun

My song pick five years ago today: Jaco Pastorius - Portrait of Tracy

My song pick six years ago today: Rush - Time Stand Still


Comments

  1. Never forget the YT comment from when I first posted this song: "MC Hammer's version is way better!"

    No, numbnuts, it isn't. Shut up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that one; MC Hammer sampled Rick James song, he didn't "cover" it, so by default he's saying "Super Freak" is better, which I bet Mr. Hammer would agree.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn