2676 The Who - Doctor Jekyll & Mr. Hyde

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/Dr._Jekyll_and_Mr._Hyde_cover.jpg
From: Call Me Lightning (single); Year: 1969; Genre: Hard Rock
I had no real song in mind for today, but this track happened to come to mind. I'm often one that likes songs written by John Entwistle; this one is no different.
From what I understand this one was written about drummer Keith Moon's odd and erratic behaviour. The use of the tri-meter in the vocals really sells the feeling of insanity in the song as well as John Entwistle's vocals; it's definitely a gem for a b-side track.

Hear Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - All Along the Watchtower

My song pick two years ago today: Billie Holiday - Summertime

My song pick three years ago today: David Bowie - Young Americans

My song pick four years ago today: Eric Robertson - "Spooked" on Classics

My song pick five years ago today: Antonio Salieri - Requiem in C-Minor (Piccolo Requiem)

My song pick six years ago today: Marmalade - Reflections of My Life

My song pick seven years ago today: .38 Special - Same Old Feeling


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn