1936 Billie Holiday - Summertime

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61A3Zhk4MUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: The Quintessential Billie Holiday, Vol.2: 1936; Year: 1990 (1936); Genre: Blues/Jazz
I'm making another pick where my pick number and the date concerning a song I wanted to pick coincide. In the year 1936 Billie Holiday's cover of this Gershwin piece from the opera Porgy and Bess was amongst the year's most popular recordings.

Hear Billie Holiday's version of Summertime on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: David Bowie - Young Americans

My song pick two years ago today: Eric Robertson - "Spooked" on Classics

My song pick three years ago today: Antonio Salieri - Requiem in C-Minor (Piccolo Requiem)

My song pick four years ago today: Marmalade - Reflections of My Life

My song pick five years ago today: .38 Special - Same Old Feeling


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn