2761 Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81b3TwFOmtL._SL1500_.jpg
From: Machine Head; Year: 1973; Genre: Hard Rock/Metal
I had a bunch of the music from Machine Head bouncing in and out of my head this morning. I looked over the songs of theirs that I have already picked and was surprised that this track, their biggest hit and metal anthem, was not there yet, so I'm remedying that.
Anyway, this is a great track written around a simple riff and made big and interesting in the same way many classical pieces were written. Of course telling the tale of the band's trials during the attempted recording and the burning of the hotel they were to record in was a nice touch to make this classic metal anthem what it is.

Hear Smoke on the Water on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Rare Earth - Under God's Light

My song pick two years ago today: Foreigner - Double Vision

My song pick three years ago today: Porcupine Tree - Dark Matter

My song pick four years ago today: Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs

My song pick five years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil

My song pick six years ago today: The Moody Blues - OM

My song pick seven years ago today: Jon Oliva's Pain - Guardian Of Forever


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)