1974 Rush - Here Again

Rush cover
From: Rush; Year: 1974; Genre: Hard Rock
It's my first pick of 2013, but I'm still picking songs that were released the year that coincides with my song pick number. This rather bluesy track hails from Rush's debut album released in the year 1974.
As I've said before, they are one of my favourite bands; there's a lot I love about their music and it seems that I'm not alone. Over the years they have taken quite a bit of hammering from a quite a few people, mostly critics and those who take those critics' words as gold. However, despite this they've kept going and continued to sell with over 20 consecutive gold albums, 14 of which have gone platinum or multi-platinum and are now about to be inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If Rush and their music are doing so well despite the contrariness of these 'givers of opinion;' (yeah, they've probably kept some from buying Rush albums, but not enough to really hurt them), that then begs the question: what is the purpose of a critic, especially those who malign obviously good bands and music? It seems as if many of us make our own decisions and can formulate our own opinions concerning the music we listen to. Anyway, I should stop now before this song pick turns into a full-on industry rant.
Rush: empowering and entertaining the dreamers, the misfits, the disenfranchised, and the nerds/geeks since 1974.

Listen to Here Again on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jethro Tull - Last Man at the Party

My song pick two years ago today: Dan Fogelberg - Same Old Lang Syne

My song pick three years ago today: ABBA - Happy New Year

My song pick four years ago today: U2 - New Year's Day

My song pick five years ago today: Kiss - Shout It Out Loud


Comments

  1. It's weird, except for those early live version of their songs I've had all of those 'rare' songs for a long time now. However, Mr. Portanoy makes me seem like a newbie when it comes to Rush; that guy is a fanatic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn